- He took his first solo steps (4 of them) just 2 days ago, nothin much since then but it won't be long thats for sure
- Talking, we now have the word "Dog", we are still working on the "g" but anytime Syd comes in the room he gets really excited and says Doh Doh Doh so we are sure that is what he is saying. He also says Dada and Momma and in actual context now. We've heard "all done" a few times but not much since, just last night we mastered "Hi." I've been working with him on please, because when he wants something he just gets growly and demanding so I'm hoping he picks up on that soon, right now I settle for a nice noise instead of a grunt.
- We now have the "clap your hands" and "stomp your feet" part of "If You're Happy and You Know It". It's pretty cute because he tells me when he want to sing and he actually waits for the cues.
- Blowing bubbles in the tub, I've tried to load videos of this and his songs but they don't seem to want to load. But yes we were in the tub the other night and he just bent over and started blowing bubbles in the water, I am hoping to find him a good swim lessons class very soon.
- Giving loves, this gets me in a lot of trouble! He has always been good about giving kisses (even if they are opened mouth and very wet) but now he lays his little head on my shoulder when he wakes up and gets ready to go to bed. It melts my heart everytime and I think he realized before I did that a little cuddling will prolong bedtime a good 5 minutes. Oh well I'm taking it all in while it lasts!
- Monkey Man, this boy loves to crawl over and around everything. He entertains himself for hours while climbing over and in between the kitchen chairs and his high chair. Sometimes he gets himself stuck and gets mad but it's hard to feel bad when I've seen how he got there.
- Waving, we've been working on the this for a while and the closest we used to get was a high five but the last couple of days he's been giving us some waves.
- HE LOVES his room, I feel kind of bad because we don't spend a lot of time in there but anytime the gate is open he makes a b-line for his room and could spend hours in there. I don't even have many toys in there for now but I think that's going to change because he must be bored always hanging out in the livingroom and I really like that he is identifying with his own space.
- Dancing, we are starting to do the bounce to music.
- Attitude!!!! I know I know he is my son but my goodness I didn't think it would start this early, like I said we are really working on please because this little grunting thing we have going on right now is makin me nuts! As much as I hate to admit it and probably wouldn't again I do enjoy seeing him find his own personality a little bit.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
11 Months
Well here we are exactly one month before the big birthday and all I can think about is a year ago from today I was thinkin hmmm he could be born on Feb 5th, I think that would be a great day to be born. Oh how delusional was I?!?! I can't believe how fast it goes, I know everyone says that but my goodness. This boy brings a new joy to my life everyday that I can't imagine my life without. I've known since I could feel him while I was pregnant that he was going to be a busy boy and OH my that is an understatement. I don't think I've ever been so exhausted but as usual we are enjoying every second of it. Here are our tricks for the last month
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment