Sunday, January 2, 2011

1st Birthday Preparations!

I know I'm jumping the gun a little here but my little man turns 1 in just 2 short months.  I wanted to do a fun theme for his first birthday and I have the time to do a lot of it myself so I finally decided we are going to have farm party!  I had a couple ideas as far as cake goes and after a little help from some friends I feel like we have a pretty good start.  Then to really get the ball rolling I was in Target the other day and found all of my party favors in the dollar bins.  Here is what I've got so far, let me know what you think and I would love any additional ideas.


All these pictures of the cupcakes came from a friends baby shower last year, but they turned out so great I can't wait to see what I can come up with.

This was a pic a friend found that I thought was super cute, I'm not sure I can find a watermelon in march but I'm hoping to find another way to improvise it.

I don't know if this is the exact invite we will use but it is so cute and I love that it has a picture.

These are the party favors, felt barns, a little farm book, grow capsules for the older kiddos and a farm animal that makes noise.  I also have animal crackers but I'm still looking for a cute/sanitary way to get them in there.

This will be the final result along with the crackers.

I can't believe I'm already talking about this but I know it's going to come so fast and I want to be prepared.  I'm also thinking about getting some sort of large box (refridgerator/washer/dryer) and painting it to look like a barn for the kids to play in.  Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that you found those barn bags! that is soo cute! good old target. i think the barn box is a great idea! its really hard to find big boxes though because they dont ship refrigerators in those any more, i looked all over for them one year. any ways I think you are doing a great job and you make me feel like i better get moving on bries bday plans, her bday is feb 19th

    ReplyDelete